Pages

Sunday 31 March 2013

My Mother Wants Me To Marry A Man Twice My Age



I'm 24 years old. I have a boyfriend and we've been dating for 8months. I love him so much, and he loves me too.

However, the problem I have now is my mum. She's based in the UK and has a neighbor she wants me to marry who's 42, single, and very rich. He's also a nurse in the UK.

I've told her about my boyfriend before now and she approved of him. But all of a sudden she called to ask me some questions, e.g what my boyfriend does for a living, I said nothing yet.

She also asked me for his age and I said 30. Next thing she said was she doesn't think I'm in my right senses, that how can I be suffering with a guy that's 30 and doesn't even have where he is earning from? She now told me about her neighbor who saw my pictures and likes me.

She said that he wants us to get married as soon as I agree, that he's coming to Nigeria to do the introduction, then he'd take me to London.

I disagreed totally that I can't marry a man I don't love or feel anything for,and since den she's not been happy with me. She stopped sending me money and calling me.

When I called her the last time, and told her I was broke, she asked if I'm ready to do what she wants and I said no. She then told me to go and collect money from my boyfriend.

For now, my boyfriend doesn't give me money, because he doesn' t have. He is a graduate of business-admin from University of Ilorin and is yet to get a job.

I have no one to turn to. My dad died when I was 3 months and mummy has taken (good) care of me since then.

Please I need advise, I do not know what to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment